Garbage Disposal Reviews
Best Garbage Disposals of 2021
We know how important it is to do your research before making a purchase, especially when it comes to home improvement purchases like a new garbage disposal. Most consumers are looking for highly-rated products in a price range that they can afford. It’s important to know that sometimes the more expensive items are not always the best. That’s where we come in to play with our thorough, in-depth garbage disposal reviews for 2021.
We’ve done many hours of research to determine the 5 best garbage disposals. This is based on many factors, such as customer ratings, reviews, price, brand and customer service reputation, etc. In short, we’ve saved you a lot of time by compiling a list of the highest rated and most trusted garbage disposals on the market today.
It’s important to note, that all 5 of the following garbage disposals come highly recommended. It’s just a matter of determining what works best for your specific needs and what fits within your budget.
Is It Time To Replace Your Garbage Disposal?
Garbage disposal problems don’t always warrant a replacement. Have you ever had to press that little red button at the bottom to reset it? However, sometimes it’s inevitable. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most common reasons to replace your garbage disposal.
- Leaking: A leak doesn’t always mean it’s time for replacement. For instance, the first place to check, if you notice water, is where the garbage disposal meets the sink. The flange can come loose or simply need some new plumber’s putty applied. If your garbage disposal is leaking from the bottom, this typically indicates a bad internal seal and usually means it’s time to replace your disposer.
- Not Turning On: If your garbage disposal hums, but fails to spin, the likely cause is a jam. A piece of food or bone could have gotten stuck in the grinding chamber. Check safely after turning the disposal and circuit breaker off to see if something has gotten jammed. If there is no noise at all, and you’ve already tried pressing the reset switch and checking your breakers, it’s probably time to replace your garbage disposal.
What To Look For In A New Disposer
If you’re in the market for a new garbage disposal, there are some important features that you should be aware of before making a purchase.
- Horsepower: Most garbage disposals on the market today range from 1/2 to 1 HP, which is enough power to deal with common household food waste. Obviously, the higher the horsepower the finer the waste is ground. This is especially important for homes that are on septic as opposed to sewer.
- Electric Hookup: Most disposals need to be hard-wired, while some come with a cord and plug. It’s important to check to see how your current unit is connected before making your purchase.
- Noise Level: Some of the higher-end models on the market, like the InSinkErator Evolution Compact, feature a quieter performance. If noise level is important to you, then this can be an important factor.
- Quick Mount: The quick mount option is found on most residential garbage disposals available for sale. This makes installation much easier. The unit simply turns and locks onto the flange and is secured by a snap ring.
- Warranty: While disposers typically last for many years, having a manufacturer’s warranty can certainly help bring some peace of mind. 1-2 years is most common, while some manufacturers offer longer warranties.
Whatever you do, check garbage disposal reviews from verified buyers. This is one of the best ways to ensure that you’re purchasing a quality unit that will last you for years to come.